Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Second week of December

Time is now racing by at unbelievable speed....how did it get to be the second week of December? For that matter, is it actually Wednesday??? Halfway through the week I can't believe we have arrived at already???
We leave for Christmas vacation on December 19 - looking forward to the relaxation, snorkelling, beach time and spice tours we have planned for Zanzibar, but I am really feeling the pressure of the racing time.
Regan is desperate for cash, so she is helping me at work now that she has finished school, so her assistance is greatly appreciated. I have an ambitious plan, which, if executed smoothly, might actually enable me to finish everything by the 19th.
On other topics, our car is FINALLY fixed...yippee!!! Just in time to sell! Originally we were planning to sell in December, but now I think we will post the signs now and see if we can put a January availability date....so much to do before we go!
Since it is sunny and warm, there is no mall/coffee shop/store to listen to piped music in and there are no Christmas concerts and parties going on (though there is a party this weekend), it feels decidedly un-Christmassy, which I guess should have been expected. We are trying to remedy this situation tonight with a Christmas movie night at home...trying to think of what to cook to make it seem Christmassy this evening...any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something Christmassy? I don't really have any suggestions for you, but I'm going for a festive special at Swiss Chalet on Friday!!!

Looking forward to our Swiss Chalet date when you get back.....

Janette