Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brian Cardy

I wanted to post my sincere condolences to the Cardys at this time.
Brian was a tremendous person and will be sorely missed by all of his friends and colleagues.

Being so far away from many of my friends and colleagues during this time is very difficult.
I am surrounded by many friends, but none who knew Brian and can share in stories and grieving.

Brian hired me when I was a lowly 16 with a half finished degree. He was willing to give me a chance and saw potential in me when I was perhaps not the strongest candidate on paper. That belief in me continued throughout my career in the Rural Investments Branch and deeply influenced my performance.

Through the chances and opportunities Brian offered, I grew as an employee and a person. He always supported me in my educational, career and personal goals. He was one of the first people to congratulate me when I was offered this opportunity to come to Africa, even though I would be leaving him. He has been such a supporter of Rural Development for so long, it never occurred to me that I could possibly come back to a workplace that did not include him.

Brian, you will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with your family.

No comments: