Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pub Night Tonight!

So since we went AWOL last week we rescheduled Jules's birthday pub night to tonight...I am pretty excited as it has been a while since we have had company and I do love to entertain.
The plan is for people to bring drinks or food that you would find in a pub, so I made chicken wings this morning and will be firing up a big pot of oil to deep fry everything in sight tonight...

In other news, both Jules and I are heavily back into work...I know we still have three months left but it just feels like time is FLYING by and I can't believe how fast everything is going. My next main challenge is to complete the draft of the M&E Framework for my organization - I have lots of ideas, but as usual, big tasks where you have to start from scratch really throw me for a loop...I have lots of ideas of what should be included and how things should work, but just need to sit down and pull it all together.

I am getting some research done while in the office, but I think this task is going to call for a full on weekend of immersion in work, the method I employed in pulling my workshop together...so even though the weather is great I have big plans to hole up on the weekend at home and just get it done. Part of the pressure is self-induced as I couldn't change my workplan to accommodate the extra week of vacation so the three weeks I left aside for drafting the framework shrunk to two. In addition, I am TERRIBLE at saying no to assisting my colleagues, so I have difficulty getting much done while in the office, as it is easy, fun and rewarding to assist them when they need it.

With the car still out for the count and no sign of when it might be operational again, we have returned to the car-less life we had before...it's not all that bad really, but things just take a lot of time...and dropping Regan anywhere can be a chore since we don't feel comfortable with her taking a cab on her own, so we have to get the driver to drive out and back everytime.

Luckily, my work has been accommodating and I am leaving early today so I can walk to pick up last minute items we need for the party - with the amount of hours I will be putting in this weekend, I don't need to worry about making up the time!!!

Anyways, wish me luck with the framework, as well as with my entertainment plans for tonight!!!

No comments: