Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random things

I am so excited that we are going to the beach this weekend - as I mentioned, we stopped at the lodge we will be staying at on the way home from Mzuzu and it was amazing.
Yesterday I tried to buy a bathing suit but the only store I know of in Lilongwe that carries bathing suits had the same 6 suits I tried on last time and no new stock, so no luck there! (I left my only bathing suit at Sun n' Sand just north of Mangochi) Luckily I have a workout tank top and bike shorts that will suffice for the moment.
Since I couldn't buy the bathing suit, I had enough money to buy a painting from a guy with no hands. When I passed him on the way into the store I was thinking "Wow, you have no hands and you are not begging - I should totally buy a painting from you"
Anyways, I couldn't believe how dexterous he was with his arms - totally amazing - and the paints with his arms, mouth and feet.
This morning I had to go on a diesel hunt - there was no diesel at the first three stations I went to - just not a problem I would have to worry about in Canada! Anyways, I lucked out at the fourth station - what a relief - so I have enough fuel to get to the beach tonight.

No comments: