Friday, February 29, 2008

Blogging...from HOME!!!

Yep, you read that correctly...I am at home right now AND on the internet, which is totally awesome! I even managed to upload a couple photos to flickr. But not many and it took hours, so for the rest you will have to wait until Kate uploads the CDs I sent - should be in a couple weeks.
We have actually had internet since Wednesday, but it is still a bit tricky, tends to come and go a bit and with three of us vying for the computer, plus our strangely busy social lives, I haven't actually been on that much...
In fact, I have been a bit homesick for the last week - in some ways, I am surprised that I haven't felt homesick before this. Not too much and I am definately getting over it, but it is there. I think some of those feelings have come up since I am now getting more into my work and am noticing some of the differences in work relationships etc. I am used to a fair amount of autonomy at work and am getting a bit frustrated here that someone has to accompany me to every meeting, and they are all very busy, so that means it can take weeks to set up a meeting with someone...oh well.
This morning we are up bright and early to pack for the long weekend (Monday is a public holiday here and Jules and I have also booked Tuesday off - very nice!). We are going to Liwonde National Park...there are hippos and elephants there for sure - crocodiles too, so I am very excited and am packing my camera!
The group of people we are going with did not book Tuesday off, so they will leave Monday, while Jules, Regan and I will explore somewhere else - either Dedza or Zomba on Monday/Tuesday.
I will let you know how the trip goes when we return Tuesday evening as I don't expect to have internet access (though maybe in Zomba - we will see).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooohhhhh!! Hippopotamuses!!!! I'm very jealous!
Have a fantastic trip!
I'm looking forward to pictures.