Saturday, January 12, 2008

Milestones...


So another big milestone was completed yesterday...my last day at work! Strangely, I didn't even cry once. Well, actually, when I was in early (desperately trying to clean off my disorganized desk), I wrote a few goodbye emails and completed a few last 'to-do's' and found myself tearing up a bit and feeling pretty fragile and thinking, whoa - I am going to be in for a hell of a day...but then it passed. The same thing happended when we moved out of the condo - no tears whatsoever! Partly I think it is because many of my close friends from work will be attending our 'See you later' bash tonight, so I will still be seeing them, but partly it is because this move feels so right.

Throughout the planning for the trip, I (and my patient, listening friends) have suffered through several different anxious phases - first concerned about health, then security, then Regan's school, length of our contracts, the flight etc - plus all the anxiety about how to take care of the condo, cats etc - but I have never really questioned going. I have wanted to do something like this for such a long time, and it just feels right.

So now we are getting more excited with each passing day! Everytime someone new sends me a link to their pictures of their own experiences in Malawi (many friends have managed to hook me up with people who have been there), I just can't believe we will get to live there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume you've arrived safe and sound, and am eagerly waiting for an update!